Sunday 25 March 2012

in·fat·u·ate Purgatory

Post infatuation - My good days all went to hell and the good nights went to the devil. Her thoughts wouldn't let me sleep anymore and her film-like flashbacks wouldn't let me walk during the day. I knew the truth that I had to approach her and make some kind of connection.

Some connection that would allow me to know if I could be with her and if there was something we could amount to. And if there were some sparks, I would test the waters and make my approach towards a casual relationship.

Even if she refused to be with me, I had to get a rejection and get it all out of my system. At least then I would have known that there was no hope and perhaps my sleep would visit me.

So that's how I spent at least 2 weeks in purgatory of infatuation thinking about the ways of making the first contact.

2 comments:

  1. the desire to be with someone and living in a hope that it might happen one day is way more sensual than being rejected by them or even being in relationship. after all she is only worth chasing till she is unattainable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the journey is important, not the goal.

      Delete