Tuesday 8 May 2012

Unforgiven

I'd rather be unforgiven
take it to my grave
I'd rather spurn and gnash my teeth
To know I have no shame
but you can't speak of things
forgiveness or regret
say you'd give them to me
only I'm not there to care
I touch on topics
I'm sure you'll just ignore
You sure do get self righteous
when someone finds your flaws
I'd rather be unforgiven
and not be a hypocrite
own up to things I did
take no excuse for me
I keep my own sage counsel
though somedays I am wrong
I have no love nor loathing
I am not filled with hate
I am not even bitter
it's time we parted ways
people grow together
others grow apart
better that we separate
admit who we really are
No, I am not sorry
that goaded, I spoke my peace
funny once I spoke it
You didn't want to hear

I will not take back anything

that in my life I've done

I'd rather be unforgiven on earth

Judged by the father and the son........


No comments:

Post a Comment