Tuesday 17 January 2012

An Occasional Idealist

Had a good time with her. Today was a chilly day, so we went for some coffee and I ended up with a slightly light pocket. The good thing about my being from Chandigarh is that I know the cheap, the middle ordered and the expansive places to drink coffee from. 

In the beginning I didn't think I will ever get to chase this girl and will drink coffee with her. I thought she was too much competition to cope up with. She is the most beautiful girl in our tuition at 5 in the evening and since day one she captured every guy's imagination. 6 of the guys immediately started chasing her down and I, despite the fact of being smitten by her, decided to call it off even before it began. There's no point being one of the litter. If she decides to hate the chasers, she will reject me with the same hate and I refuse to be rejected with the rest of the pack. If I'm to be refused, I have to be refused on individual basis with a proper reason.There's always dignity in that.

In case she started seeing one of them, then quite obviously she is one of them. Another beautiful girl with her brains in the pink ribbons. I would refuse to be seen with her and consider myself better than all of them anyway... quite obviously, I like to declare myself as an idealist when it suits me.

As the time unfolded, which in this case was one week, it turned out to be the right move. She hated them all and everyday at 4:20 or so, all of them started bitching about her for half an hour until she came for the tuition at 5. It's funny how guys switch loyalties when it comes to a girl. Initially they were all individuals chasing her, and now that she didn't give them any grounds to carry on their operations, they became a united front against her. The funny part is, if she would talk to any one of them to help her with anything, say with taking her Activa off the stand, the guy would immediately witch sides and will go for independent elections.

More Tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment